TAV Macedonia, as a company managing and operating Skopje International Airport and Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle Airport, is responsible and accountable for all its business activities conducted and performed to be in compliance with the prescribed rules on care and protections of the environment.
TAV Macedonia is committed to complying with the accepted environmental practices, including all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations and other requirements relevant to the environmental aspects of all work activities and services. TAV Macedonia develops and implements all programs and procedures necessary and required to comply with ISO 14001:2015.
Pollution prevention and reduction
TAV Macedonia is committed to the issue of pollution and undertakes activities to prevent it before it happens, as well as activities to minimize the impact on the environment with all accepted environmental practice. Therefore, TAV manages its processes, assets and human resources to reduce the environmental impacts arising from work activities.
The procedures and rules arising from TAV Macedonia Environmental Management System (EMS) are shared with all entities that perform work duties and operate at Macedonian airports, including employees, contractors, and suppliers, to ensure awareness of environmental commitment. TAV Macedonia also ensures and provides adequate training for all employees to raise the awareness on environmental responsibility.
By setting and determining environmental objectives and targets, as well as through periodic audits, operational control and by achieving environmental objectives, TAV Macedonia strives to continuously improve the Environmental Management System and to minimize waste generation, and pollution, which are closely related with the operation of airports and ground handling services.
Objectives and targets for environmental protection
- Reduced use of hazardous and toxic chemicals in the performance of the work activities at the airport
- Reduced energy resources consumption
- Waste reduction, reuse, and recycling
- Pollution prevention
- Suppliers, including the contractors, are all introduced with our expectations in terms of the environment protection, and they are required to adopt environmental management practices
- Continuous monitoring of the emissions quality/quantity, emissions, and waste generation
- Constant consideration of the significant aspects in terms of the environment and their impact
TAV Macedonia, as a socially responsible company, always takes into consideration the environmental factors when planning, purchasing or adopting decisions related to the work and operations.